Thursday, April 7, 2011

Vintage Easter Wreath


I took a class last night at The Emporium at Thanksgiving Point....
SO MUCH FUN!


We each received a box full of goodies to make our Vintage Easter Wreaths with....


We started with a wire wreath and some vintage Easter cards printed on cardstock 


I sat next to this cute lady who was blogging the event from Today's Mama  

 

She and I happily muddled through our projects...the ladies from Thanksgiving Point were great helpers!



The burlap strips are great fillers....first we glued them to the back of the wreath and then ripped them off and ended up tying them onto the wire wreath....burlap seems to be the new trend...you see it everywhere now...


Baskets full of easter grasses were readily available...


Thanksgiving Point provided delicious cookies and bottled water...their oatmeal raisin cookies are to die for...I know.  I had two!


This was the Emporium's first time doing a class like this...they originally planned for about 20 slots and ended up with 49 adding a second class....it was worth it...lots of crafty women turned out to play!


Here we are at mid-point...they give you all kinds of options in your little box of things to add...glittery eggs, shiny butterflies, toille in sparkly pinks, creamy ribbons and I also learned how to make a tissue flower and a little nest out of newspaper...I definitely got my craft on in spite of hot glue gun burns...part of my flesh is on my wreath....literally!


And here's the end result....pretty dang cute don't ya think? 
So Happy Birthday to my sister Laurie...this is for you babe...but we are making MORE because I want one for myself!


6 comments:

  1. What FUN!! Very sweet of you to give it to your sister.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine,
    Oh!!!!! So cool, I just love all of the items in it! What a sweet present! :) Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, super cute. I have noticed the burlap thing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks awesome! Wish there were classes for that sort of thing here.
    I've been thinking of you - just got my 'Peeps' bunting out!
    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! What a fun class to go to. I wish we lived closer and we could go to classes together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh i wanted to do that so bad! i couldn't go that night but i loved that thing!!! yours turned out super cute.:D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments are really appreciated!