I've been on an Ella Fitgerald kick lately...love that woman's voice....so soothing....I remember as a young girl going to bed listening to her croon me off to sleepy land...Ella, Chet Atkins and many others...thanks Dad for being a lover of music and sharing so many different artists with your children!
Monday, September 9, 2013
Saturday, September 7, 2013
Well I'm not your Mother but I'm happy to share the information!!! Some of it I didn't know!!
1. Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.
2. Use a meat baster to “squeeze” your pancake batter onto the hot griddle and you’ll get perfectly shaped pancakes every time....
3. To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
4. To prevent eggshells from cracking, add a pinch of salt to the water before hard-boiling.
5. Run your hands under cold water before pressing Rice Krispies treats in the pan and the marshmallow won’t stick to your fingers.
6. To get the most juice out of fresh lemons, bring them to room temperature and roll them under your palm against the kitchen counter before squeezing.
7. To easily remove burnt on food from your skillet, simply add a drop or two of dish soap and enough water to cover bottom of pan, and bring to a boil on the stovetop.
8. Spray your Tupperware with nonstick cooking spray before pouring in tomato-based sauces and there won’t be any stains.
9. When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won’t be any white mess on outside of the cake.
10. If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it’s still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant “fix me up.”
11. Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.
13. Place a slice of apple in hardened brown sugar to soften it.
14. When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corn’s natural sweetness.
15. To determine whether an egg is fresh, immerse it in a pan of cool, salted water. If it sinks, it is fresh, but if it rises to the surface, throw it away.
16. Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
17. Don’t throw out all that leftover wine: Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
18. If you have a problem opening jars: Try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
19. Potatoes will take food stains off your fingers. Just slice and rub raw potato on the stains and rinse with water.
20. To get rid of itch from mosquito bites, try applying soap on the area and you will experience instant relief.
21. Ants, ants, ants everywhere … Well, they are said to never cross a chalk line. So get your chalk out and draw a line on the floor or wherever ants tend to march. See for yourself.
22. Now look what you can do with Alka Seltzer. Clean a toilet. Drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets, wait twenty minutes, brush and flush. The citric acid and effervescent action clean vitreous china. Clean a vase. To remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase or cruet, fill with water and drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets. Polish jewelry. Drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets into a glass of water and immerse the jewelry for two minutes. Clean a thermos bottle. Fill the bottle with water, drop in four Alka-Seltzer tablets, and let soak for an hour (or longer, if necessary). Unclog a drain. Clear the sink drain by dropping three Alka-Seltzer tablets down the drain followed by a cup of Heinz White Vinegar. Wait a few minutes, then run the hot water.
Posted by Little Chicks Info at 9:38 PM
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Sunday, July 14, 2013
So excited to be a vendor at the Topanga Vintage Market in Woodland Hills, CA on July 28th!!! I'm taking this show on the road, loading up a bunch of stuff and hoping to be greeted by warm sunshine, sandy beaches and happy Californians who love vintage as much as I do!!!
Thanks to Patrice of Topanga Vintage Market who was so good to provide information on the show, helped me select a good spot and let me come all the way from Utah!! If you would do me a favor and go to their facebook page and give them a "like"...I'd love to see us put Utah on their map!!!
If you're out in California and want to come check out the great vintage finds I'll have...please stop by my booth, Vintage Yard Sale Utah and say hello!!! Look for my sign! Shown below...
Posted by Little Chicks Info at 7:55 AM
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Today a bit of hard work paid off....I have been managing the Vintage Yard Sale Utah Site since January, 2013 and to date we are over 2,300 members!...the site has taken off and provided many opportunities I could never even imagine.
we ALL love VINTAGE
I'm so grateful for all of this and today, a bit of the hard work paid off... "Deseret News" in Salt Lake City, Utah, posted an article about the site and a little bit about me...
you can see it here: Deseret News Article
A special thanks to Emilee Eager who interviewed me and wrote the article...what a sweet girl with an amazing future ahead of her...thanks to everyone who made this such a great place to spend my free time!
An extra special thanks to all the members of the Vintage Yard Sale site who make this a great place to be...a place to meet others who share the same love of our past and work to preserve that past in the now!
Posted by Little Chicks Info at 7:46 PM
Sunday, April 28, 2013
So excited for the Vintage UP Yardsale coming this Saturday, 10 - 6 at the famous UP house from the Disney Pixar movie "UP"!!!
Click the link below & join me on Vintage Yard Sale Utah on facebook for some "UP" trivia and be entered to win a fabulous prize!!
(the facebook group is closed so just request to be a member!)
Posted by Little Chicks Info at 10:15 PM
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Guess what?? I'm a vendor in an upcoming show called "Fleattitude"!! This show is a mixture of vintage & antique vendors...over 45 vendors selling their wares to locals & lucky people passing through Pleasant Grove!
The show is Saturday, April 20th at the Old Pleasant Grove Rec Center
65 E 200 S Pleasant Grove, Utah
9 am - 4 pm Admission is $1 (12 & older)
Early Bird Entry is $5 and gets you in at 8 am leaving you a full hour ahead of the other guys to SHOP!!
Hope to see ya there!
Posted by Little Chicks Info at 6:58 PM