Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Whirlwind Life & Not For the Faint Hearted!


It sometimes seems that I live in this swirling, twirling, constantly moving whirlwind of a life....I'm not complaining really...just wish things would slow down a bit at times....I haven't posted in a while because of the lap band competition and I've been trying to motivate others to vote and it's working...the outpouring of support has been the most touching thing I've experienced! E-mails, comments, phone calls and messages of support from friends, family, perfect strangers & even my competitors!! People are amazing and I have felt truly blessed in the past few weeks...I want to win so badly, but if I don't, I have at least come away from this thing with better awareness. I have started to take a better look at things in my life...such as my eating habits, the need to exercise more and use control in all aspects of my life...I've started reading books about breaking habits and I'm more aware of what needs to be done to get the weight off...and those are all good things. To update you...my mother-in-law had her surgery on December 2nd & came home from the hospital last Friday....the picture I've posted is disgusting....but amazing....the tumor they removed from her throat & chest was huge...and it's text book huge...both surgeons said it was the largest they've ever seen.... It was a miracle she was able to get this done! She is recovering well...her voice is louder and clearer...it wasn't before, she can breathe without wheezing, she has more oxygen flowing...this thing was smashing her trachea & lung and I'm so glad it's out....eye surgery is next and once healed, Ms. Sheila Ishmael is going man hunting! So with contests & competitions, voting, surgery, work, Christmas shopping, mailing packages, school & work parties and every other thing that has happened over the past few weeks I'm hoping my whirlwind will take a break...just a little one before starting up again...and that I'll take time to remember what a beautiful time of year this is and why we celebrate. -Christine-

1 comment:

  1. That is crazy big. I'm so glad she is doing well. What a blessing for her to be here and be able to do all this. Also, such a blessing to have you and Gary to take care of her.

    My fingers are still crossed for you. I can't wait to hear. Good things to come no matter the outcome of the competition.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments are really appreciated!