Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Day to Remember

My son did a really cool thing last night....he asked the girl of his dreams to marry him, and she said YES!

He met this adorable girl, whom we love so much, playing soccer and that is where the proposal took place...under the goal post!  He planned ahead and asked us to cover the goal post in little white lights...which we did...of course we did!  What he does not know is that while we were draping the lights, the sprinklers came on and I got soaked....the lights (which I pre-tested) were not working on half of the string and we had to overlap and adjust to compensate for the burned out lights...the cord, which was connected up a large hill to a friend's house blew a circuit and we were scrambling to get the lights on again about a half hour before this was all to take place....the plan was that he walk her down the park path to the goal post...as they approached, we, his whole family, were hiding on that big hill ready to light up the lights as they came near the goal post....amazingly enough and thank you to our Heavenly Father, things went as planned and we were able to witness his amazing moment as he knelt down on one knee and asked for her hand under these beautiful, twinkly lights.  I cried, his fiancee cried, we are SO blessed to have her in our family and she will make an amazing daughter-in-law!  My son is a better person with her and for this I am grateful!


The picture is blurry, the lights are hung a bit crazy, but the moment was amazing!  She is holding a bouquet of wildflowers that my 14 year old son gathered from the hillside while we all waited for the event to take place...again, I'm grateful to my son for letting our family be a part of this!

 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love your family so much. You guys are darling and hilarious. I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears of joy. I am so happy for him and her and your whole family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!! Love that kid!! So excited for them to take this step! :) love you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments are really appreciated!