Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

So we threw my parents a 50th Wedding Anniversary Party.  My parents just returned (literally the night before) from a two year church mission in the Philipinnes.  We wanted to celebrate big so we all planned this getaway for our parents, the siblings and our children.  It was so much fun!

I made this fun banner to hang for the party!  No typical gold decorations for us!
This is a view from the kitchen balcony overlooking the party patio...this place had everything you'd need to throw a party in the cool evening in Pebble Beach.  We set up the heaters and the fire pit to make sure everyone stayed warm.
This place had amazing ocean views
We all snuggled up and started celebrating!

We played "The Newlywed Game".  This is my oldest daughter Chelsea holding up the cue cards.
My Mom and Dad remembered everything from their first date, first kiss, marriage proposal...everything!  I was so impressed!
Here's the lovely couple...aren't they so cute?
Little favors were made in honor of my parents in a fun yellow like their wedding colors.  They were filled with almonds and See's Bridge Mix - something my parents could not get in the Philipinnes - it's one of their favorite treats!
My sister made ok bought a gorgeous chocolate mousse cake from a yummy local bakery!
The cake was cut
They fed each other bites, very sweet, no smooshing of cake into each other's mouths...tacky.
Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad - Thanks for being such a good example for us 4 children and your grandchildren.  Thanks for sticking it out through the good & bad times.  Thank you for loving each other enough to make it 50 years! We love you!  xoxoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful..Christine!!What special parents you have..and they have raised a special daughter!!Everything was so cute!!I hope my children do this for us.

    Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a cute couple. You guys are great kids to throw such a beautiful and fun party. That cake looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments are really appreciated!